Sunday, August 16, 2009

Julie and Julia

So, I went and saw Julie and Julia tonight.

The food was divine, and the story more-so. I have not read the book, but now I want to. I also want to meet Julie and talk to her. I started blogging recently, (before I knew anything about the Julie and Julia story) and was amazed at the way I identified with the connection to food as an escape. I am a chef professionally, and yet, I still use food as a escape. Figure that one out.

I very much love the way Julia was portrayed. I was lucky enough to meet Julia Child, and she struck me in real life the same way she struck me in the film. The writing, the acting and even the cinematography were awesome. I am not going to go on and on, gushing about this film. Let's just say I loved it.

About the food. I have used Julia's recipe for Beef Bourguignon and loved it; however, I did not find that it needed salt. I think when this movie comes out on DVD I am going to have to get it, and have a dinner party, much like the one at the end of the film. Though because I do not have an amazing film location scouting crew, I will not have the rooftop patio to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment